The Grand Social
The Button Factory
The Grand Social
Book Your Gig
So, you spend weeks trying to get through to a venue to book a show, then when you finally book a night (probably a wet Tuesday because you’re ‘new’).
You set out to arrange other artists to play with you, hopefully to help with venue hire costs, and maybe they can drag a few mates along too. Then you set about your promo, which consists of telling everybody in your class, or work, or college that you’re doing a gig, and maybe some mates, and then of course you’ll Instagram it (because that will work – not).
Then, on the big day you drag along your backline to the venue, wishing you had a decent drumkit and a half decent amp or two – you pay the van guy who’s an hour late and who says he can’t collect it later, and then you soundcheck, open the doors and …. play to your mates (although only a few of them, because they forgot you had a gig) etc etc … sound familiar?
ARTISTS PLAYING THE GARAGE GIGS DON’T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT ANY OF THESE ISSUES.
Book Your Own Garage Gig – Instantly!
Read ‘How It Works’, and then follow the simple instructions to book your Garage Gig simply by clicking on the venue, date, and slot you would like to play from our selection (wherever you see ‘TBA’ is our secret code to artists so you can see which slots are available).
Once you’ve booked your slot, you will be guided through our very simple process, and at the end of your booking a member of our team will contact you to say hello and welcome you to Garageland.
Please Note; If you are under 18, we will need to speak to a parent, guardian or appropriate supervising adult in relation to Garage Gigs booking.
You pick your own slot, not us, YOU decide.
Headline Slot – 40 mins (there are 2 Headline Slots per Garage Gig)
Special Guest Slot – 30 mins
Opening Act Slot – 25 mins
PLAYING TO CROWDS. How we help you to achieve this.
So, we’ll get you a great slot, in a great venue, on a great night, using top class equipment, with the help and supervision of our amazing Garageland Crew.
Now how do we get you in front of a crowd? Well, we help you to do this too.
We build unique Ticket Pages that you can share with your Fanbase, Friends and Family – using your own photos and artist story, embedded within a professional press release, and we help you to reach out and get actual real people to your shows.
Our model has shown that when artists engage with their fanbase in this manner, then the fanbase responds to the more professional approach, and supports the artist.
And then you find yourself playing to audiences AND getting paid.
We don’t expect any artist to bring hundreds of people to these shows – quite frankly if you could do that you wouldn’t need us in the first place.
Instead we say to you, the artists ‘Would you like to headline a top class venue on a great night?’ If the answer is YES, then we say ‘can you bring 40 people to your headline show?’ That’s all.
If a Headline Slot is not for you right now, then choose a Special Guest Slot or an Opening Act Slot – either way you’ll be treated like royalty and will still be in line for rewards and incentives, not to mention a great gig!
It’s simple and it’s attainable. And you can make a few bob too.
Other Important Stuff
Garageland is fully GDPR compliant. All your details are stored safely on our site which is hosted in the EU. We do however from time to time send mails letting our artists know what we are up to.
You are free to unsubscribe from those at any time using the Unsubscribe option on the email.
Helpful Hints / Guidelines / Getting Paid
1. We recommend you aim to have 20% of your target hit within the first 5 days of booking your Garage Gig (from when you receive your Ticket Link and confirmation email from us), this will help you with momentum to complete your target on time and to ensure you have a great night on your Garage Gig, playing to a great crowd.
2. We further recommend you aim to have 50% of your target hit as soon as possible after this – experience has shown that early momentum very often leads to Target-Bashing ticket sales, which in turn leads to both a great audience and of course great commission payments (see Top earners above).
3. FAQ – What happens if we don’t hit Ticket Target? Don’t Panic!! We will always work with artists who are genuinely engaging with the spirit of the Garageland project – we can see all online activity, and if we see you work we will work with you.
4. If we see an artist simply not engaging with their online promo, we may recommend that artist move to a more suitable date.
5. Payments are made upon hitting Online Ticket Target.
6. Getting paid. On hitting your chosen Ticket Target you will receive payment of 18% of your ticket sales back. Every ticket above your Ticket Target earns you 40% cash back. The higher you go the bigger the percentage you’ll earn (see Top Earners).
7. In plain English? – If you select a Headline Slot and sell 70 tickets, you will earn €192.00 – here’s how…. 40 tix (target) @18% = €72.00 plus 30 tix (beyond target)@ 40% = €120.00 giving you a total of €192.00 – the more you sell, the more you earn, it’s as simple as that (remember, everything else is done for you, so no hiring equipment, no hiring venues, no hiring vans, no paying door staff – we do it all).
9. Online ticket sales will always be cheaper than door ticket sales, and artists will receive payments based only on online ticket sales – this is to encourage your fans to support you by engaging with the online process ahead of your show, instead of promising to support you, and then not showing up!
10. You will receive a Garageland Payment Notice by email and payment will be made to your bank IBAN. This usually happens within 5 working days of your Garage Gig.
Would you like a load of free Promo too?
Join us for our very own live radio show Garageland on RTE 2XM every Monday night from 7 – 9pm, where we play tracks from Garageland artists in a fun and engaging show with listenership figures between 2 and 5 million.
With a very significant online reach through our platforms, and great goodwill from national press, your artist profile will be enhanced considerably by your joining in on the Garageland fun.
Follow us on Youtube while we launch Garageland TV in association with Sound Training College and The Button Factory.
Garageland is a Nationwide project, bringing opportunities to emerging artists all over Ireland – Join us!
When and where do The Garage Gigs happen?
Always in nice venues, and always on good nights.
The Bowery (Rathmines Dublin) / Button Factory (Dublin) / Crane Lane Theatre (Cork) / Grand Social (Dublin) / The Islington (London) / McPhails (Drogheda) / Pharmacia (Limerick) / Hacketts (Kilkenny) / The Sound House (Dublin) / The Spirit Store (Dundalk) / INDY City (All Ages Summer Festival Dublin City Centre)
The Garage Gigs – What do you have to bring? What time do you need to be there?
Once you’ve booked your Garage Gig slot, our tech team will reach out to you and guide you all the way to your gig, so that all of your tech requirements are addressed.
With thanks to MusicMaker we provide top class backline (drumkit, bass amp and two guitar amps), as well as looking after all venue, sound engineer, stage managing requirements. We make this as easy as possible for you, the artists, so that you can concentrate on enjoying your performance.
Load-in times, sound-check times, stage times will all be provided to you in plenty of time ahead of your Garage Gig by our friendly and efficient, and dare we say SUPER Garageland Tech Crew.
Time slots are usually as follows, and will only vary in certain circumstances, depending on special instances such as venue curfews or afternoon shows – any exceptions to these time slots will notified at time of booking your date.
Opening act 8.15 – 8.40 (25 minute set)
Special guest 8.50 – 9.20 (30 minute set)
Headline Act 9.30 – 10.10 (40 minute set)
Headline Act 10.20 – 11.00 (40 minute set)
Headline Acts 40 minutes, there are two headline slots on each Garage Gig, and the running order of these will be decided by flipping a coin at soundcheck unless otherwise pre-arranged with consent of both headline acts. Special guest slot is 30 minutes. Opening act slot is 25 minutes. All with 10 minute changeover added on as extra time. Encores must be built into your own time.
There’s no catch -sometimes life doesn’t give you lemons, this is one of those times – Book now!
The Grand Social
The Button Factory
The Grand Social